Wow, it’s been two months since I’ve last blogged. I think that is mostly a byproduct of me spending less time talking about what I’m going to do and actually doing it.
So what have I been spending my time on?
I left Automattic to help my brother out at his company (teelaunch) and I’ve accomplished almost everything I set out to when I started.
- redesigned/reorganized the app
- went from number 36 in the app store rankings to 4 with some growth work
- put together a system for email campaigns/sent out emails
- started the teelaunch blog and came up with all sorts of posts for it
- worked closely with the awesome folks at studio bolland to create some pretty awesome videos
- many many other behind the scenes improvements I’m not going to bore you with
turned my house into a maker studio
- bought a laser which I have wanted to do for such a long time and made all sorts of cool stuff
- bought some equipment to print my own posters (that I’m turning into another business)
- bought a new 3d printer for some Apple II hardware projects
started some businesses
- started sorta stupid to sell some of my laser cut wares
- created a Shopify app company called poolparty and have released 4 apps so far (one more coming next week). poolparty has about 900 active monthly users and generate a good bit of revenue and requires only about 10 minutes a week in support (I create apps by design that require no support).
- created a WordPress app company called secret pizza party and have released one app so far that I’m pretty sure will change ecommerce with WordPress as we know it 🙂
found a new community to belong to in the Apple II world
- created some fun t-shirt designs
- made a ROM so I can type on my Apple //e in dvorak
- made replacement case badges out of plastic with my laser
I have so many other things in the works that I can’t wait to tell you about in the coming months. I’ve had so many successes lately it’s made me a bit bolder so expect more neat stuff out of me.